Saturday, March 5, 2011

I have gotten bored with the basket weave scarf.

So I tried to do a different stitch! And failed. What I was suppose to be doing is what I assumed was stocking stitch interspersed with blocks of purl so it looks like a verison of basket weave. Well, that wasn't it.I definitely need a stitch dictionary. Then I just did 5 by 5 ribbing and now have gone back to the basket weave stitch. I really should frog my experiment and just do it all in basket weave.

My finances have tanked. No more wool for me. I can use what I have, but I'm not planning on doing that until I am better at this. Meanwhile the giant red-violet skein beckons. But I will get some lavender acrylic.

I am going to learn how to do mitts and mittens, and gloves. I figure there is a market for mitts that have a lacy top for driving around here during the summer. If the inside of the car can hit 140F, how hot do you think the steering wheel is? I am still planning on doing flea markets and other such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment